Yum, I love eating at Mexican restaurants and wanted to recreate those meals at home with out it being super hard. Here are simple recipes anyone can use to eat Mexican at home!
Easy Spanish Rice
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1½ cups uncooked white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix rice into skillet, stirring often. When rice begins to brown, stir in chicken broth and salsa.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1½ cups whole kernel corn
- 2 cups taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 8 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain excess grease, and add the onion, bell pepper, and corn. Cook for about 5 more minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the taco sauce, and season with chili powder, garlic salt and cumin, stirring until blended. Cook until heated through, then remove from heat, and set aside.
- Open the can of beans, and spread a thin layer of beans onto each of the tortillas. Spoon the beef mixture down the center, and then top with as much shredded cheese as you like. Roll up the tortillas, and place them seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Brush the tortillas with melted butter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Serve with lettuce and tomato.
Mexican White Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup asadero cheese or 1 cup chihuahua cheese, shredded fine
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped fine (optional)
Put all ingredients in a double boiler and heat on medium.
Cook until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.