This recipe makes 2 loaves of pumpkin bread and takes about 15 minutes to prep and 1 hour to cook.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in pumpkin. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until bread tests done.