Here is a new series on Good Deal Mama, called Mama Cooks, because I hate cooking the same things over and over again and love experimenting with different recipes. So when the mood hits you’ll see a new recipe from Mama Cooks Let me know if you like this!
This is definitely not your “normal” chili recipe, it uses coffee and beer but don’t be scared to try it, its delicious! Don’t be afraid to NOT use all the ingredients listed, I didn’t have sirloin on hand or cumin, or even peppers for that matter. But my kids like things a little milder, so it worked out for me!
Chili Recipe with Beer and Coffee
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound beef sirloin, cubed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle dark beer
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 4 fresh hot chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- Heat oil.
- Cook onions, garlic and meat until brown.
- Add tomatoes, beer, coffee, tomato paste and beef broth.
- Add spices Stir in 2 cans of kidney beans and peppers.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add 2 remaining cans of kidney beans and simmer for another 30 minutes.
Let me know if you make this and like it