How To Make Homemade Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
I love Hamburger Helper as much as the next person. What’s not to love cheesy, easy comfort food. But I would rather make it myself and know what’s inside and I am sure it’s healither for you too! I had everything on hand to make this, I know I won’t be buying the box stuff anymore!
- 1 lb raw 92% lean ground beef (or any you choose)
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ cups elbow macaroni or any other pasta on hand. I used mini lasagna noodles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- "Seasoning Packet"
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain.
- Add hot water, milk, pasta and "sauce packet" ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- In the last few minutes of cook time, add cheese, stir and re-cover.
- When pasta is tender and cheese is melted, remove heat and uncover.
- Let stand about 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
- Top with additional cheese if you like.