Instead of dying hard boiled eggs and then not really using them this year, I decided to have my kids dye peeled hard boiled eggs, cut in half so I could make them into colored deviled eggs afterwards and we can use them with Easter dinner!
Super easy to do and makes a nice appearence at any meal! You could make different colors for different holidays or events. Think about for Thanksgiving making fall colors, July 4th – Labor day or Memorial day doing Red White and Blue eggs, or sports teams colors!
- 10 eggs
- One tsp white vinegar
- 5 to 20 drops of food coloring per one cup of hot water.
- Peel the eggs
- Cut each in half place yoke in separate bowl
- Dip them into the different colors.
- Let them sit until you've achieved a color that you like.
- Blot dry.
- fill with favorite Deviled Egg recipe!
Looking for other Easter recipes?
- Easy Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
- Mama Cooks: Best Bread Pudding Recipe Ever!
- Easter Ham Leftover Recipe: Split Pea Soup